Wednesday, October 8, 2014

St. George Marathon!!!!








Mommy's biggest FANS!!!  Thank you girlies and Rob for your support!  You guys mean the world to me!



I am on cloud nine!!!  I am not sure why???? but this was really IMPORTANT to me!!!  When my Dad passed away, I was inspired to register for a couple of races.... One of them being the St. George marathon.  I ran this marathon when I was 26 and swore I would never run it again.  Not only because of the downhill running, but because of the pressure I put on myself to try and qualify for the Boston Marathon.  It was a dream.   I went on to run other marathons without pressure, but kind of giving up on a bucket list dream of mine.  My Dad knew how much I loved to run and was one of my biggest cheerleaders.  He was at the end of every race I ever did.  I knew how proud of me he was.  He not only wanted me to know he supported me but made me feel important and PROUD OF MYSELF.  Anyway, 14 years later here I am.... I trained hard and finally achieved it!!!  I ran the marathon in 3:34:41.... more than 10 minutes quicker than what I needed to qualify.  My best marathon in my 20's was 3:47.  I even ran this marathon with an injured back!  Baaam... Booyah.... oh yeah... oh yeah!  I didn't think I would even be able to run.... and to achieve my goal?  WOW... I am so proud of myself.   Running has always been an out for me to connect with my thoughts and sort them out... (therapy)!  I feel the closest to God and my spirit when I run, more than any other time.... I have thought about my Dad a lot.... and I feel close to him when I run.  I know that he was with me during the marathon and that he is proud of my accomplishment.  I LOVE and MISS you Dad!!!  By the way.... Mom.... Your hug at the end was all I needed!  Thank you sooooo much for supporting me... and for knowing how important it was to me.  I love you!

0 comments: